How to Properly Package a LaserDisc
One of the most frustrating experiences for a LaserDisc Collector is the arrival of a damaged LaserDisc / cover.
You see, we have already researched the title, the release and the listing. Then we purchase and pay. Then
we wait a month or so only to find that due to improper packaging our cherished LaserDisc / cover has
been damaged. Now after all of this, we must contact the seller, perhaps take a picture and negotiate a
settlement. As for me, I have found that the time required and the arguing are not worth it. So, I simply
no longer deal with the LaserDisc Provider. So as a Provider you must ask yourself how many customers
have you lost as a result of improper packaging?
(Minimal) Using a single cardboard box and bubble-wrap is the minimum. Here are the steps:
1. For a Used LaserDisc Always remove the LaserDisc from the jacket and put on the outside of the jacket
2. Use two 3/16th 12″x24″ bubble-wrap and wrap the disc and jacket so that all sides are covered by bubble-wrap
3. Use a Cardboard Record Mailer and tape all corners
4. Another nice trick is to cover the outer corners of the box with cardboard.
1. Use a bubble mailer
2. A Priority Mail box (not large enough)
3. Bubble-wrap and paper sack
4. Pizza Box
Hope this is of help for the casual LaserDisc Provider. As for DaDon’s, we have developed our own boxing
system that includes 2 boxes, double-bubble-wrap and many refinements. We call this our “bullet-proof”
double-boxing system and we even developed a “nuke-proof” double-boxing system for the most expensive